Here are the basics of our beliefs and commitments as followers of Jesus and members of The Way:
- I believe that absolute moral and spiritual truth exist and that it is intended for my life. This is found in the Bible therefore I will adopt a Biblical Worldview thru study and devotion to God and His Word.
- I believe in the Trinity which is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is infinite, all knowing and all powerful. The Father reigns over all.
- God the Son is Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God. Jesus was perfectly revealed as a man and did the will of God by taking human sin upon Himself and giving His life as a ransom for that sin by suffering death on the cross and then rising from the dead with power and victory of death, hell and the grave for all mankind who believe on Him and confess Him as Lord.
- God the Holy Spirit is that comforter that was promised by Jesus to come after He had ascended. That Holy Spirit resides in the believer at salvation and works in us and through us to bring about change. He enlightens and empowers us to serve, worship and evangelize.
- Man is the special creation of God and made in God’s image. Man was created without sin but did sin by his free choice and caused all generations afterward to live within the curse of sin. God’s redemptive plan of bringing man out of that curse and back into right relationship with Him is the Good News of Jesus Christ. Apart from God man can do nothing and has no goodness.
- Salvation is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior that obtained eternal redemption for the believer by His own blood. There is no salvation apart from faith in Jesus Christ.
- God’s grace is displayed in God’s goodness to us. With God’s grace we are to endure to the end as accepted and sanctified followers. Man may fall into sin through spiritual neglect but will never fall away from their salvation if it is truly obtained.
- I serve God Almighty and my life is not my own. He set me free from sin by salvation in Jesus but I voluntarily act as a slave to His will.
- God created me for His purposes not my desires. Because of my brokenness, my desires tempt me. But with God’s Spirit’s help I will override and overcome my desires and live every day to accomplish His will.
- Jesus won eternal victory at the Cross and He now invites me to allow Him to fight Satan thru me. Therefore every breath I take is a declaration of war against Satan and a commitment to oppose Him. The cost of participating in and winning this war includes many hardships and I accept them and offer them as a living sacrifice to God.
- I gain my security, success and significance thru my surrender to God. My obedience to Him and His Word is the key to my joy.
- I am not called to attend a church but to be a part of ‘The Body of Christ’ which will be done in cooperation with other believers. I am bound at the heart and soul level with other believers for the purpose of Worshipping God with my life. WORSHIP is not an event, it is the lifestyle I will lead.
- God has gifted me with Time, Talents and Treasure, not so that I can return 10% of it to Him, but so that I can completely surrender and SERVE Him with 100% of it.
- My most important external act of Worship, Growth and Service is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ by word and action. Doing either of these (word or action) without the other is incomplete obedience to God. This is our co-mission. It was given to us upon conversion (when we became followers of Jesus).
- In His own time, God will bring this current world to an end when Jesus will return as King to judge all those (living and dead). Those displaying Christ Righteousness will be given their reward of eternal life with God. The counting on their own righteousness and goodness will be sent to everlasting punishment in hell (separation from God for eternity).
- My life is victorious based only upon how I follow Christ not upon my accomplishments. Final victory will be met with these words from my Savior “Well done, My good and faithful servant”.
Below are several Covenant Commitments that we will make to God and to one-another as we follow Christ together in The Way:
- I will protect the unity of my church by acting in love toward other members, by refusing to gossip and by following the leaders.
- I will share the responsibility of my church by praying for its growth, by inviting the unchurched to be a part of our Way Community and by warmly welcoming guests.
- I will serve the ministry of my church by discovering my gifts and talents and by being equipped to serve by our leaders (Church Planter, Pastor, Way Community Group Leaders) To do this I commit to the ongoing process of developing a servant’s heart.
- I will support the testimony of my church by participating faithfully, by living a godly life and by giving regularly.
- I commit to love my city, my neighborhood and my church because all this love will flow out of my love for God. Because of this, I will seek to be a missionary for God where I live, work and play.
We also affirm the Baptist Faith and Message that you can read by going to this weblink: